Friday, October 28, 2005

batTLing is 0ver,....FiNaL d3cIsi0nz Mad3...

As what my title suggests, I have made an important decision today. I have accepted the offer! Feel so happy and definitely looking forward to it! Hopefully, I did the right thing. Currently, I am left about 1 mth+ b4 my existing contract expires. It seems long but not that short either. Ha.. Actually, what has been bothering me revolves around my work, salary, benefits, recognition..., etc. Feel that it’s such a letdown that last week I actually start applying for jobs and finally, I got shortlisted for an interview this monday! When I first receive the call, I am delighted and surprised! I had applied for java developer position and was shortlisted for System Analyst position. There were question marks bubbling above me.. But I came to realize it is better and I have bucked up and prepared myself this round. "I do not want to be a letdown this time!", I told myself.

When I was a fresh graduate, I experienced the hardship finding a job, I sent out more than a hundred applications, received only few calls after few weeks and did not get through. That period was demoralizing and depressing that I think I did suffer from depression! I feel so upset and crossed with myself tat time!! I wonder what is wrong with me, am I stupid or bcoz I am not honours?? !! I begin to realize that the experience, the technical knowledge and most importantly LUCK! Yes, I lacked the luck!! Almost all my interviews that I went for had technical tests and there werent simple for me!!! I must admit that I should brush up my technical and also my soft skills!! Each time I went for interviews, I felt butterflies in my stomach, I speak like an idiots without thinking!! That was what had resulted in a low morale and depressed me!! After which i finally got a job, I was overjoyed! But to my disappointment, my current boss doesn’t appreciate us which left me no intention to stay on. I signed without hesitation!!! I am so damn determined to venture out and strive hard for it!! I do not care about the risk I am taking. Anyway, I do not suffer any loss! I am not going to be the timid and no confidence me again!!

Talking about contract renewal, I am damn crossed. We talked to her on Tuesday and throughout the conversation, I realized that she doesn’t really have the intention to persuade us stay. She said the market outside is good now and things like she noes of project that is not under her but giving more, etc. Common, we are discussing about our new contract and we have gave valid reasons why 6% is so little. What makes me happy was that we have provided sound reasons that she is dumbfounded!!! Me and flo were almost shooting her and her best frenz!! No wonder she asked her best fren to tag along in case she lose to us. S seems more keen to make us stay than her. Somemore she is PM and when I purposely ask her about the possibilities of us getting convert to perm, she gave a very direct and frank answer that it is impossible!!! That’s hurtful and the worst was when she tried to cover up and argued y he was converted to perm!! He is more hardworking and blah blah… That’s all lame excuses and it never gets into my ears at all!! We all worked hard to get the project running, we toiled and slogged and that was for nothing!! I was totally convinced that she is practicing favouritism!!! The discussion ended with her saying: “I will tried my best but it is quite impossible….”. Then yesterday, she called us to send her our resume updated with our existing job scopes!! Thought she is fighting for us??? Why does it seems like we are fighting for ourselves juz that she acts as the messenger???!!! This made my blood boiled!

Now, this time round, lady luck is smiling at me!! I got shortlisted in a few days time, I went for interview and got the offer after 1 day!! Hahaha.... feeling over the moon was what I feel!!! Even though it was not a perm position but the package is attractive and much better than what I will get in my new contract with my current company. Today, I took a day leave, planning to go for J2EE test by another company but was sick. Hence, I gave the technical test a miss but I still dragged myself to sign off my new contract! Even though I do not noe what my new job has in store for me but still I am looking forward to it!!! I really hope I will get the chance to travel in this new job!! I realize that entering the working force certainly has made me more mature but more troubles oso!! Haha… Actually, what really inspired me to work towards my goal to climb up the corporate ladder is the show “What a woman wants!” I think it’s a nice show and it definitely is encouraging!! Greed really motivates one but with a correct amount!! I also want to be like them, a successful career woman with countless of $ to spend!!! Haha…


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home